Sunday, November 1, 2009

Rick Veitch's "Abstract Krackle"

Comic-book legend Rick Veitch (Swamp Thing, The Maximortal, Supreme, Rare Bit Fiends, etc etc.) has recently made some abstract comics based on "Kirby krackle." He has generously allowed me to re-post them here:











Rick has also been collaborating with poet Peter Money on a series of poetry comics, which I know will interest many of our readers. Here's one page:



The rest can be viewed here.

By the way, here is a page from Rick's run on Swamp Thing which I bought from him when I met him at MoCCA 2007. We discussed abstract comics briefly (I picked this particular page because it looked so abstract to me, not to mention so beautiful), and look how he signed the page:


(Thanks to Marcus Parcus who first drew my attention to Rick's recent posts of "Abstract Krackle.")

2 comments:

  1. A bit related to this, to Rick Veitch is his friend Steve Bissette http://www.avclub.com/articles/steve-bissette,30751/
    "Tyrant" is actually the lifelike sort of an opposite to abstraction in comics; "I wanted to put the reader in the mindset of an animal, without anthropomorphizing the animal"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That final one especially is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that anonymous comments will be rejected.